The SCHOTTEL Instream Turbine is a real lightweight and yet a robust generator of hydrokinetic energy. It is based on the fact that reducing turbine size leads to a better ratio of power and material use.
A SIT produces 70 kW rated, grid-ready electric power based on two rotor diameters (4.0m and 6.3m). Thanks to its modular approach, a higher overall power can be reached with a larger number of turbines.
SIT can be implemented in river and tidal applications.
- Horizontal axis free flow turbine
- Passive-adaptive composite blades
- No active pitch mechanism
- Safe and reliable sealing system
- Robust drive train with two-stage planetary gearbox
- Optional multi-disc brake
- Induction generator
- Passive cooling by ambient water
- Innovative control strategy
- Robust, simple and lightweight
- Low investment cost
- Low maintenance cost
- Scalable in terms of quantity
- Flexible modular approach
- High efficiency and low thrust
- Easy transportation